1. To expand the RAFT geographical coverage in two countries of West Africa: Togo and Ghana, and to deploy continuing education, tele-expertise and portable diagnostic devices to support care professionals active in remote facilities. This will be done using a method that has been developed and refined over the years and applied successfully in many other countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The main goals are:
- to establish an operational team for the national coordination;
- to communicate about the project, and secure the buy-in and ownership of the health and education authorities;
- to deploy activities in at least two sites: a reference hospital in the capital, and a distant hospital;
- to demonstrate the added-value of the RAFT services and prepare the further deployment of the project in the country.
2. To bring the multi-disciplinary expertise of the OESO network to the strategic partnership with RAFT and share the whole package of information, communication, and learning with multi-disciplinary societies for a growing network of education in medicine linked to existing projects and international stake holders of cultural properties like the UNESCO and the WHO.
This will be materialized by:
- the establishment of an editorial board for contents, authors, and educational strategies
- the various means of transfer of knowledge
. courses in various disciplines accessible on the web,
. monthly discussions of didactic clinical cases,
. organization of webinars with linking of cases and materials when appropriate,
. inclusion of content suitable to general practitioners and students
- the organization of specialized missions in developing countries
- contribution to the development of dedicated centers in Africa
- exploration of further dissemination of the OESO method of information, communication and learning to suited partner societies with a promising vision to join the project.