OESO-Stanford SEMPIRE Platform
Other OESO Educational Activities
New York Academy of Sciences
Role of Pilot Centers
Role of the OESO Centers of Excellence in Esophagology
integrated in the OESO-Stanford network
Continuing Medical Education – Exchange of Fellows/Trainees – Sharing of Knowledge – Second opinion
– the organization of the scientific programs,
– the prospects offered by new technologies for the expansion of multi-disciplinary
Esophagology in the fields of diagnosis and treatments.
– Providing one yearly didactic clinical case, to be discussed on the OESO website,
– Participating in the network of second opinion,
– Promoting expansion of multidisciplinary Esophagology in the country of the Pilot Center
(Guidelines, Registries, Evidence generation).
Trainees with other Pilot Centers.
The fellowships can be of two sorts:
– Basic Fellowship, with a 2 week rotation in the various departments of the Center,
– Advanced Fellowship for a one year duration, to generate sub-specialists in esophageal disease.
The maximum number of Fellows in each category will be 2.
These training courses are intended for a small number of participants (# 5), coming either
from the Pilot Center country, or from any other country of the network.
The fee will be decided by the Center.
The level of the yearly training courses will be determined by each Pilot Center, at Trainee or
– A particular emphasis will be however given, among all specialties considered in
the training course, to "the" previously agreed upon area as the one characteristic of the Center.
– Several possible dates for these courses should be submitted to OESO by each
– OESO -The OESO Foundation in Geneva,
– The Stanford Medicine SEMPIRE in Palo Alto.
These programs will be made up from the proposals for topics/speakers sent by the Pilot
Centers, and selected by OESO – Stanford Medicine SEMPIRE.
The activities of the Pilot Centers will be coordinated by the Advisory Board
The OESO-Stanford SEMPIRE
Multidisciplinary Platform of Esophagology
OESO Head Office – 2, Bd Pershing – 75017 Paris, France – Tel. + 33 (0)1 55 37 90 15 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.oeso.org
©2019 OESO – webdesign: architecturevisualdesign.ch